Powered By Blogger

13 April 2011

More Of Jared Dillinger


He is one of the most popular Tropang Texters and one of the known Fil-Ams to invade Philippine Basketball. He is remembered well with his funny and unique Slamdunk stint in the PBA last 2009, his contribution to the TNT’s championship stints in 2008-2009 and 2010-2011 Philippine Cup Conferences, plus he is only one of the few guys in the league who have his hair long with beard and all that. We only knew that much about this guy from Hawaii. (If you happen to have a twitter account and follow him along with his TNT teammates and other Fil-Ams, you’d probably know some other things about how cool and ‘kulit’ they are.) One thing I’m sure of though, as a fan of him since his RP Team days, he is one of the nicest and one of the easiest to approach.

The name’s Jared Ryan Dillinger, born on the 6th of January, 1984 to parents James Dillinger and Filipina Gemma Bautista and a brother to Jamison Dillinger. Her mother was from Pangasinan but he was born in Littleton,Colorado. He spent his high school at the Dakota Ridge High and went to college, first at the Air Force Academy (from 2003-2005) then to University of Hawaii at Manoa (from 2005-2008) taking up Finance and International Business.

Basketball was not Jared’s only sport when he was a kid. He also enjoyed playing baseball and football. He started his Philippine basketball career over at Liga ng Pilipinas joining the Pampanga buddies and was the drafted in the professional league by the Talk N Text Tropang Texters 2nd overall in a pool of talented rookies. In his rookie year, he was handpicked by Coach Yeng Guiao to train and play for Team Pilipinas.

Here are some other facts about Jared that he had willingly shared to us fans.

Jared’s Favorites:

Food: Hot spicy Mexican food

Color: Green

Music: Hawaiian reggae

Singer/Artist: So many---pepper, one groove, katchafire, kapena and slightly stoopid

Movie: Indiana Jones, the old school ones

Actor/ Actress: Jackie Chan

TV Program: Entourage

Cartoon Character: Anyone from Family Guy or South Park

Book: Outlier

PBA Player: Kenneth Duremdes

NBA Player: Manu Ginobili

PBA Coach: Coach Chot Reyes

What Filipino food do you enjoy so far?

JD: Big fan of adobo, pancit, beef calderetta nomnomnom

Are there things or ways that amuses you here in the PI?

JD: the traffic amuses me, it's just so gnarly yet at the same time everyone is real cautious while driving.

Why do you always have your hair long?

JD: I love my hair haha I'll eventually be bald when I get old, so might as well live it up and lavishly lol.

What Filipino characters or traits you think you have?

JD: I'm really nice and loving just how all Filipinos are :)

Why Jersey No.20?

JD: I've had it since I was in high school. At the time I couldn't think anyone who had that number so I wanted it :)

Any embarrassing moment?

JD: In high school I was in the student government and there was a girl in class that I liked. One particular day I was trying to settle everyone down and yelled at the top of my lungs to settle down haha well apparently I didn't go through puberty yet and voice cracked so bad. Everyone started laughing at me. Haha

What are the things you do after practice?

JD: After practice I'll get some good grub into me, and a get some sessions of xbox gaming in with Jimmy online.

What you have to say to your fans?

JD: I love the fans feel free to ask me anything or come up and ask for a picture I promise I'll never say no. Don't be shy haha :)

No worries if he can’t understand that much Tagalog, with this kind of attitude towards fans plus the basketball talent, Jared will sure be loved by Filipinos.



---undesirablenumber1---


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love JD more than my bf! Lol. ;)