Powered By Blogger

22 March 2012

Barako - Petron, BMEG - ROS







































Since TNT's next game will be out of town, since I also missed their last game against Ginebra (which unfortunately they lost too), since I still want to see some basketball action, rest day was spent watching live games of Barako and BMEG.

I was able to get in at 2nd half of the 1st game of Barako and Petron. I was astonished, Petron trailing big, and they don't have an import inside the court too. I asked fellow fans and they said he was thrown out for hitting Mick Pennisi with a basketball. Only now (day after the game) that I'd known, that Mick had actually been more popular than usual, getting attention all over the world because of that quite amazing flop. I was really like laughing out loud when I saw that! And too bad I had to missed it live, but still it was hilarious! Better than that though was Barako able to capitalized with Petron's quite depleted line-up, winning it really big. White was just amazing in the field (around 70% from the 2-pt field). Then there's the usual Willie Miller who had issued 7 assists too aside from that 16 points, Ronald Tubid making crucial three's when Petron was beginning to get back, and all the other Barako who had done it on the defense, limiting the Petron Blaze locals to get their game going and them scoring a total of just 80 points.

Personally, I'm happy to see Shawn Weinstein at the starting line-up. Aside from making plays, since he's bigger that his counterpart point guards, he's there to play tough defense and doing it well. Danny Seigle too played pretty well especially on the game before this which was against Meralco in Lanao. He scored 12 points on that game and slowly but surely getting to his old form. Willie Miller's always there providing the leadership the Barako needs in every game.

I wanted Barako to win just the same as I wanted TNT, Alaska and BMEG to win their games. It's because I know they were working really hard enough and it does show on their last 4 games. I've always believe on Weinstein, Seigle, Miller, Pena, Pennisi and even Tubid that they still have their old form and though they may have not been in a more celebrated team now, they can win it big. If in case TNT and Barako will meet in playoffs, I'll be happy and will be really excited because I know both will play well. (Well, had to admit, I'll probably hope my TNT will play better.)

Game of BMEG and Rain Or Shine wasn't really nice for me though. Although TNT and BMEG was fighting on the top spot, I will never wish for them to lose games for TNT to be on top. The night was not good for James Yap but really have to commend Jireh Ibanes' defense to him that time. He was all over James, and I'm sure that's what he was asked to do by Coach Yeng. BMEG struggled and Rain or shine was just prepared for them. I was even asking a fan beside me how Rain Or Shine managed to lose their first few games. I thought this will be a walk in the park for BMEG. Just hope TNT will be prepared against them. (TNT will play Rain-or-Shine on Saturday in Cebu City.)

Really glad to see Michael Burtscher in action though! That's his first game I saw when he got transferred to BMEG and was just happy that he was with BMEG now. Alaska just had to released him. We know Burtscher's healthy, we know he practiced hard, we don't understand why he can't play for Alaska back then. Coach Tim Cone really knows Mike and he knows Mike will be a great addition to his line up. Even with a limited time, Mike provided tough defense against Norwood, had 2 blocks and 2 rebounds (one offensive rebound). Give him time and for sure he will provide quality minutes.

It was a nice basketball night. The team standings and scenarios now are more complicated too because of these games. Must win for each team in the last phase of eliminations. In one more week, we will know who will we bid good bye and who will make it to semis. It's getting more exciting than usual. Can't wait.


No comments: